Winslow Area Guide
Winslow is a stunning, historic market town, close to Buckingham (6 miles south-east) and Bletchley (7 miles south-west.) Despite retaining a lot of the high street layout from the 13th century, modern day Winslow has an interesting mix of shops, pubs restaurants and an antique centre.
With great transport links it’s easy to get to and from Winslow, and around the market town as well. Winslow is well connected to a number of larger towns and cities nearby.
- 50 Winslow – Gt Horwood – Milton Keynes
- 54A, 54B & 54C Linking Winslow with Little Horwood, Whaddon & Botolph Claydon
- 60 & 60A Linking Winslow with Aylesbury & Buckingham
- 67 & 68 Linking Winslow with Gt Horwood & Westcroft
- X60 Linking Winslow with Aylesbury & Milton Keynes
There is no direct train station serving Winslow, with the nearest being Bletchley. However, building has begun on a new network rail service linking Winslow to Oxford, Cambridge and Milton Keynes.
Winslow is central to a network of motorways and nearby towns. The M1 and Milton Keynes can be accessed via the A421 towards the east. The M40 can be accessed via Bicester on the A421 towards the west. Other accessibly towns include Buckingham, Aylesbury, Brackley, Leighton Buzzard, Banbury & Towcester.
Despite its smaller size there is still plenty to do in Winslow with regular Farmer’s Markets and plenty of local attractions just outside the town.
- Sports & Recreation Ground
- Winslow Farmer’s Market
- Udderly Fresh – North Hill Farm Dairy
- Silverstone Circuit
- Milton Keynes Bowl, Shopping and Leisure
- Bicester Village Designer Outlet
- Buckingham Swimming Pool
- Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
- Buckinghamshire Railway Museum
Winslow has a selection of excellent schools, which explains the popularity of the area amongst families.
- Winslow Church of England School (Primary)
- Furze Down School (SEN)
- Sir Thomas Fremantle School Winslow
- Buckingham School
- Royal Latin Grammar School Buckingham
- Aylesbury Grammar School for Boys & Girls
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar Aylesbury
- Waddesdon Secondary School
- Furze Down School (SEN)
- Peploe-Williams Academy (Performing Arts)
With a nice mix of cuisines, you’re sure to find a wonderful meal to enjoy with friends and family in Winslow.
Restaurants & Bars
- The George Inn
- The Winslow Café and Bistro
- Chubby’s Chippy Takeaway
- The Farm Deli
- Horwood House, Hotel, Restaurant, Bar and Spa
- Betsey Wynne Restaurant Swanbourne
- Lakers Garden Centre
- Chutney Jacks Indian Takeaway
- The Bell Hotel & Restaurant
- Blue Monsoon Indian Restaurant
- Marie’s at No 2 Cafe
- Ma’s Cottage Chinese Takeaway
Nearby hospitals can be found at either Milton Keynes or Stoke Mandeville
- Winslow Health Centre
- Buckingham Community Hospital
- Bletchley Community Hospital
- Milton Keynes University Hospital
- Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Did you Know?
A market has been held in Winslow market square every week dating back to 1235. Even today a livestock market is held every Monday – the only one in Buckinghamshire.